Highlights from the Energy Fit Nevada Annual Report
- Completed energy assessments and upgrades on more than 800 homes in Nevada, resulting in 1.5 million square feet of improved housing stock in the state.
- Reduced homeowner energy usage by an average of 24 percent.
- Saved an estimated 15.5 million kWh of electricity by reducing energy consumption
- Contributed over $14.5 million in economic impact to the state through lifetime energy savings to homeowners.
- Infused more than $4 million into local economies through certified contractors and auditors that provided more than
26,000 in workforce hours.
- Recovered more than $1.2 million in unnecessary energy cost consumption, thereby providing residents with more disposable
income to stimulate local economies.
- Leveraged funds to generate a $200,000 loan pool for energy efficiency upgrades while laying the groundwork on a new $1.2 million loan fund.
- Removed an estimated 7,500 tons of CO2 from state emissions.
- Improved the indoor air quality of over 800 homes, including several that were contributing to asthma and other health complications.
- Demonstrated that energy efficiency is competitive with new electricity generation technologies in terms of performance and physical environmental impact.
- Worked with the Desert Research Institute Green Power Program and other partners to reach 3,400 students through 91 teachers at 58 schools throughout Nevada.
- Developed the Whip Your Home Into Shape energy efficiency campaign to promote energy efficiency assessments with a combined paid and public service schedule resulting in more than 1.5 million broadcast views.
- Participated at various community events (Green Chips Convene For Green, EnergySmart Educators, Greenfest, and Solarbration) to reach an additional 100,000+ residents.
- Trained and certified 35 workers who work with 18 participating contractors in Nevada to comply with Building Performance Institute standards and Home Performance with ENERGY STAR .
- Demonstrated how $1 million invested by the state returns as much as $1.4 million to local economies.
- Developed collaborative partnerships within the residential, commercial, and government sectors to ensure all stakeholders in sustainability move in one direction.
View the full report: EFN-Annual-Report-2013