March 5th, 2015
At the Rio All Suites Hotel Convention Center
Panels & Speakers:
Creating Our Sustainability Identity
“For Our Community” Panel
Electeds from Clark County, City of Henderson, City of Las Vegas and City of North Las Vegas discuss their jurisdiction’s largest economic, environmental and social successes from 2014; exciting projects and initiatives for 2015; the importance of regional collaboration; and the role of the public sector in creating a sense of pride around a sustainable future for our community.
- Punam Mathur, Moderator
- Clark County Commissioner, Chris Giunchigliani, Panelist
- City of Las Vegas Councilman Steve Ross, Panelist
- City of North Las Vegas Mayor Pro Tem, Anita Wood, Panelist
“With Our Resources” Panel
High level representatives from the energy, water, waste management and data sectors come together to have a frank discussion around the truth about how Southern Nevada uses its natural and tech resources and how that story contributes to the sustainability identity of our region; both internally and to the rest of the world.
- City of Las Vegas Chief Sustainability Director, Tom Perrigo, Moderator
- Republic Services Vice President Public Affairs, Bob Coyle, Panelist
- SNWA Deputy General Manager, David Johnson, Panelist
- Southwest Gas Vice President Energy Solutions, Jose Esparza, Panelist
- Switch SUPERNAP Communications EVP Data Center Technologies, Mark Thiele, Panelist
- NV Energy Renewable Energy Manager, Marie Steele, Panelist
Regional Collaboration & Transit Highlight
A tag team presentation by this dynamic duo of community leaders, instrumental in the planning and implementation of Southern Nevada Strong, discussing the success of the regional collaborative project and the plans for its transition to RTC as well as the role transit plays in branding a sustainable community and what is on the horizon for the coming year.
- Henderson City Manager, Jacob Snow
- RTC Director of Engineering Services and Capital Projects, David Swallow
“For Our Visitors” Panel
Gaming, Convention, and Tourism executives discuss the role these important sectors play in branding themselves and Southern Nevada as sustainable to their employees and the 40 million guests we welcome to our region every year as well as new and exciting sustainability projects coming online in 2015.
- Access Destination Services, Sales Manager, Debi Kinney, Moderator
- MGM Resorts SVP & Chief Sustainability Officer Cindy Ortega, Panelist
- Caesars Entertainment VP Sustainability, Gwen Migita, Panelist
- LVCVA VP Customer Experience, Hugh Sinnock, Panelist
- McCarran & Department of Aviation Deputy Director, Saeed Bonabian, Panelist
“For Our Future” Panel
It is appropriate that representatives from K-12 and higher education come together in this final panel to wrap-up the full day of Convene for Green programming as they discuss the importance of education in a sustainable future for our children, our schools, our universities, our students, our teachers, and our state. Learn about exciting education projects and programs that came online in 2014 and that are planned for 2015 to contribute to a vibrant, sustainable future for Southern Nevada.