Who We Are
Founded in 2008, ImpactNV has served as an independent nonprofit comprised of Nevada’s public and private entities and NGOs, including MGM Resorts International, Caesars Entertainment, Clark County, the City of Las Vegas, City of Reno, Dignity Health and Intermountain Healthcare, LVCVA, Republic Services, and more. The goal of this alliance is to make Nevada and its communities more environmentally, economically and socially resilient and sustainable, focusing its work in Southern Nevada and the Reno area.
ImpactNV supports the following guiding principles for all citizens:
- A robust and diverse economy that provides shared prosperity, security, quality education, good jobs, living wages, and affordable housing.
- A safe, secure, compassionate community with a rich and thriving cultural core that promotes equity and diversity.
- Commitment to equal opportunity, equitable access to social services and affordable, quality health care.
- Equitable access to affordable, clean energy choices.
- Stewardship of, and access to, a clean and reliable water supply, good air quality and responsible water and solid waste management.
- Intelligent development of our built environment that minimizes the impact on our natural environment and provides access to green spaces.
- Comprehensive and clean transportation choices that minimize commute times and emissions while reducing the effects of extreme heat on vulnerable populations.
What We Do
ImpactNV identifies and prioritizes the region’s most pressing challenges, researches and proposes creative, flexible, and innovative solutions through facilitated discussions and the sharing of best practices, and then convenes, collaborates, builds awareness, making compelling arguments that drive positive, long-term, systemic change.
How we drive change/our process:
- Assessment – Use and provide meaningful data about our region that accurately reflect the strengths and opportunities of our community.
- Identification & Prioritization – Analyze the data against the key characteristics of our community to identify underlying root causes and the intersectionality of issues to create a strategic plan of action.
- Convening & Building Awareness – Share ideas, changing perceptions, and effectively marketing our findings to primary audiences.
- Enacting Action – Implement strategy and pursue solutions to help Nevadans build a better community and to demonstrate to visitors that Nevada is not only a world class entertainment, dining, and business center but also a sustainable destination that offers an excellent quality of life.
- Evaluation – Consistently measure our success and adjusting strategies given an understanding of the changing nature of our dynamic community and its evolving needs